Wednesday, July 31, 2013

MOM GETS HER TEETH! MON., JULY 29 - WED. AM, JULY 31, 2013



July 29, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 9:45 AM. The vertical feeder was almost full but I put more and in the horizontal feeder plus I put a gallon of water in the bird bath. Mom’s blinds were closed and she was resting on her bed with O2 and Dalmacio had just taken her vital signs. I noted that the bed has not been shoved against the window sill lately. He said they were good. I assisted him in getting Mom up.  Mom & I did some personal care, watched the birds and I gave Mom a baby banana. We went to the Great Room and Mom joined the exercise and trivia group. I did portrait sketches of Helen and Sarah this morning. Plus I joined Mom in the Trivia part of the games. Mom was nodding off during much of the activities today. We returned to her room, we watched the birds then I took her to the big TV room to wait for lunch. I left about 11:45 AM.
July 30, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 10:30. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was dozing, O2 on, glasses on, then I noticed! She has Teeth!!! I sat her up in bed and we hung up clothes. I gave her a banana to eat and she made quick work of it! I spoke with C.N.A. Dalmacio and Nurse Diana about Mom’s teeth. Nurse Diane wrote the order AND called dietary about getting order changed for mechanical soft instead of puree for Mom. Mom & I channel surfed and watched the birds. We saw 5 parrots. Mom did not want to get up today. She was pretty good at hanging up the clothes but also very dreamy. I left about 11:20 AM.
July 31, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH just before 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was sleeping on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, sound up on the DVD. I opened the blinds and Mom awoke. I started to get her up but she was wet so I called for help. The Med nurse came then the C.N.A. Dalmacio and changed Mom. The fire alarm went off. I got Mom into her w/c. We did some personal care, watched the birds, channel surfed and I gave Mom a banana which she ate right up. I punched a hole in one of her teeth containers and attached it to her glasses lanyard. Then I accompanied her to the Great Room.  The doors had not yet reset from the fire alarm so it was a struggle to get through doors for the wheelchair people. Nevertheless the room was full for cocoa, cookies and the choir performance. I left Mom there a little before 11 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment