Friday, July 19, 2013

ESCAPE! THURSDAY, JULY 18 AND FRIDAY, JULY 19, 2013



July 18, 2013, Thursday. Riley reports that he took a chocolate shake to Mom last night. When he arrived she was in bed with no O2 so he put it on her. Tina said “different help”. I went to the NH about 11 AM this morning with clean clothes to hang up. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was with Tara returning from an activity in the Great Room. Mom & I went to her room and looked at the birds and hung up clothes. Mom had a lot of difficulty with tasks today. We went for a walk around outside the facility and looked at the trees, the clouds, and the birds. We could hear the parrots then saw them at the feeder. I took her to the dining room for lunch then talked with Donna and Tara about hand clapping and blood pressure. I left about 12:05 PM.
July 19, 2013, Friday. From one extreme to the other. John from RNC called about 7:50 AM. He said Mom left the building this morning and made it all the way to Burnet Road. They have a Wander Guard on her, now. The monitor sets off alarms and locks the door if she tries to go through one. I went to the NH about 10:15. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I  talked with Nurse Lian then got Mom into our folding wheelchair and took her for a ride. She did not have on O2 when I came in this morning. At Walgreens, she waited in the car and I bought candy and stuff. Then we drove to the park sat in the shade and ate candy, drank some coke and looked at the people and birds. We returned to the NH, set off the alarms, and went to her room. I called for assistance and got Mom mostly changed when C.N.A. Franka came and got Mom into her wheelchair and dressed. Franka took Mom to the dining room. I gathered her dirty clothes, stashed candy in her drawer then went to say good-bye to Mom. I left NH with clothes and folding w/c about Noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment