Tuesday, July 9, 2013

JULY 8, MONDAY AND JULY 9, TUESDAY, 2013



July 8, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 9:40 AM. Mom was sitting in her w/c in her room watching TV, sound down, no glasses but dressed nicely. The C.N.A. came and changed Mom standing up. Mom did well standing but we had to change her socks. We did some personal care then went to the Great Room. I got Mom a coffee. I drew portrait sketches of Bill and of Delta. Mom joined the circle of discussion and jokes conducted by Annie. Riley came by and visited with Mom but left before I had finished the sketches. He also added birdseed. I accompanied Mom back to her room and helped get on her bed. We saw seven parrots today! I left about 11:10 AM.
July 9, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was in the hallway wheeling toward me with a pink carnation wrapped in a baby wipe. We returned to her room and from conversation and evidence I surmised that Mom had swiped the carnation from Tina’s bud vase. I put it back. Mom was full of spunk today. We watched the birds, channel surfed and did some personal care. We went to the Great room and watched the birds from there for awhile. Activities had a News discussion in progress conducted by Donna. We returned to her room. Nurse Luz and Nurse Audra checked on Mom’s skin tear and re-bandaged it. Mom and I looked at photographs which delighted her today. She correctly identified everyone except herself in the more recent photos (after 1970). She asked me to move the photo of her home in Weatherford closer so she could see it and we talked about the paintings in her room. She told me they were by “someone famous”. I accompanied her to the dining room for lunch. Today she was insistent that she wanted to go home and see her mother. I explained that she needed care and told her about the birthday party they are going to have this afternoon. I left her about Noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment