Saturday, June 1, 2013

WEDNESDAY, MAY 29 - SATURDAY, JUNE 1, 2013



May 29, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 2:20 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed watching a DVD, sound down, no glasses, O2 on but nostril connection on the bed beside her. I turned up the sound, opened the blinds and got Mom a chocolate. She cleaned her hands, put on handcream and I helped her into her chair. Mom was in a good humor, joking with me. I accompanied Mom to the dining room II for the art activity. She propelled herself most of the way. Mom painted a watercolor, repeatedly saying she was hungry. The alarms went off, doors closed automatically. I went down the hallway to get Mom some chips from the vending machine on the covered patio and encountered the staff gathered by the Nurse station on Unit II having a meeting to discuss emergency procedures. Upon returning to dining room II, I gave Mom the chips. She ate half, returned to her watercolor. We took her watercolor to her room and put it on her bulletin board. She wanted to return to the activities and I accompanied her back to dining room II. We looked at the birds and discussed the parrots and the other birds. Tara had a puzzle project set up for Mom and I left Mom there with the building blocks. I left about 3:40 PM.

May 30, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10:45 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on but nostril apparatus on the bed beside her. The sound was all the way down on the DVD, glasses on, teeth in place. I got Mom up, brushed her hair, cleaned her hands and gave her a chocolate. We went to the Nurse station and I checked out Mom for a ride. We rode slowly through the neighborhoods. Mom was alert and talkative today. We returned to the NH and sat and watched the birds. I fed the birds again.  Mom was extremely resistant to returning to the NH today. I had to go through the whole explanation of why I couldn’t take care of her and encouraged her to play Bingo this afternoon and win some prizes. I accompanied her to the dining room. I got her a coffee and we visited with Maggie and Stan for a minute then they went for a walk. I left Mom in the dining room, brakes locked about 12:10 PM.
May 31, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 3 PM. I fed the birds, blinds partially open. Mom was on the bed, under covers, asleep, O2 on, DVD playing, sound down. I opened the blinds and Mom awoke immediately. We did some personal care and C.N.A. came and we got Mom into her chair. I put “new” dress on her and we hung up clean clothes I had brought. Mom was somewhat confused but did help some. We went to the entertainment, happy hour. We clapped and sang, ate chips & dip and Mom ate half a banana. I accompanied Mom back to her room and changed the DVD to Singing in the Rain. I left Mom in her room, in her w/c, brakes on watching TV. I gave Mom and Tina a chocolate before I left about 5 PM. 

June 1, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 10:15 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I signed mom out for a ride then went to her room where she was asleep on her bed, O2 on, covered with another one of her dresses, no pad under her and she was sopping, leaky wet. I called for assistance but never did see a C.N.A. I changed Mom, opened the blinds, changed her dress and got her up. We did some personal care then went to the car. Mom propelled herself most of the way. I gave her a banana to eat and she ate it all. We drove slowly through the neighborhoods then went to the gas station for gasoline and mailed a letter at the drive through mail box. Mom was alert and noticed her environment. We returned to the NH and Mom was resistant to returning to the NH. I told her I would give her chocolate inside and told her that she had to go inside or I wouldn’t take her for any more rides. After some back and forth she seemed to understand the threat?! We returned to her room, I gave her a chocolate and turned up the sound on the DVD. She said that she had seen this film before but wanted to see it again. I left her in her room, brakes locked, bed in high position about 11:30 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment