Wednesday, June 19, 2013

TUESDAY, JUNE 18 AND WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 2013



June 18, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 11 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed.  Riley[‘s name was on the guest book from yesterday, 5 PM. Mom was resting on her bed. We opened the blinds and watched the birds. Tina the RN from Hospice came and took Mom’s vitals. Mom vitals were good except for irregular heartbeat which is persistent. She assisted getting Mom in the w/c. We hung up clothes. RN Tina assisted with that task also and Mom was fairly good at problem solving. Roommate Tina mentioned problems with Mom’s bed lurching. I set the brakes on the casters which were off and we noted that not all 4 wheels have brakes. Mom and I did some personal care then went for a walk. We retrieved a crepe myrtle blossom knocked down by the morning storms. We walked around the facility and stopped at the spinet and played some scales and arpeggios. I left Mom in her place for lunch then made an appointment for Mom to get a permanent on Friday, 10:30 AM. I left with dirty laundry about 12:10 PM.
June 19, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 2:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. As I was entering I saw C.N.A. Dalmaccio leaving. I signed the guest book and saw that Carl had visited and also the Hospice SW. Carl had emailed me that he had visited, found O2 off and set it right with cannula in place. Mom was resting on her bed, sopping wet. I called for help. No one came so I changed her myself and noted the rash has cleared up. There were no baby wipes so I wet some paper towels from the bathroom to clean her. She had a small BM. Her TV was set to Fox. I changed the channel, we watched the birds and did some personal care. Mom was contrary today. We went to dining room II and did some watercolors. Mom did a “Flowers By The Sea” and gave it to another resident, Bob or Bill, the gentleman who had won a Silver Star at D-Day in 1944. Pat got Mom a coffee. Then they began a “Cooking with out a kitchen” activity and I left. I changed her TV back to the DVD before I left about 3:40 PM. I reported the lack of baby wipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment