Monday, June 10, 2013

SATURDAY JUNE 8, SUNDAY JUNE 9 and MONDAY JUNE 10, 2013



June 8, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 11 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I went to Mom’s room. Mom was flat on bed (no pillow), O2 on, glasses off, TV off. I noticed the fresh flowers and clean vase indicating Carl had visited but he had not signed in on Mom’s guest book. The C.N.A. Mary came in with a Trainee. They toileted Mom and got her a clean dress. We did some personal care then hurried to dining room II where we caught the last two pieces of Jane Walls Students; a Debussy piece on harp played by Don Cho and then a duet on the piano. We missed the flutist and earlier piano pieces. I accompanied Mom on a walk to the front of the facility. Mom sketched the large hibiscus growing in pots and we counted the buds. Mom was alert to her environment. We returned to Mom’s dining room. I went to her room to fetch her bib and turned on the TV, discovering that it was messed up, asking to be programmed or something. I pushed buttons until I got the TV to respond properly to the remote and left the TV on a Fred A DVD. I took Mom her bib, said good-bye and left about 12 noon.
June 9, 2013, Sunday. I didn’t go to the NH today.
June 10, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 9:15 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no teeth, no O2, no glasses, sound down on DVD. I opened the blinds and got Mom into her chair. I could not get the head of the bed to raise but the whole bed would go up and down and the foot of the bed responded to controls. I got Mom her teeth, we did some personal care then we went to dining room II. Mom propelled herself most of the way. I got Mom a coffee. I sketched a portrait of Tammy and Mom watched and drank her coffee. Mom joined the group for the sing along. I did portrait sketches of Dorothy and Horace, and  “B”. I observed Mom waving her hands with the music. We returned to her room, watched the birds and I changed the DVD to Brigadoon. I gave Mom a chocolate and left Mom in her room, in her w/c about 11:30 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment