Friday, June 14, 2013

THURSDAY, JUNE 13 AND FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2013



June 13, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I saw the C.N.A. Flo in the hallway and she assisted mom in getting out of bed and into her w/c. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, DVD playing, sound down. We did some personal care, watched the birds and channel surfed some. I changed the DVD to South Pacific. I accompanied Mom to dining room II for the Nail Spa. She propelled herself most of the way. Mom chose blue fingernail polish today. Mom said she wanted to go “home” after polishing her nails. I accompanied her back to her room. By all indications, today “home” meant her room. I gave Mom a chocolate and a sugarless candy to Tina. Mom got into bed, mostly independently, and I turned up the sound. Mom said that she wanted to watch South Pacific. I left about 11:15 AM.
June 14, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 2:40 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, DVD playing, sound down. I started to get Mom up but the C.N.A. came in and suggested that we change Mom. During the change, the C.N.A. and I both noted the dramatic increase in redness in diaper rash area. We got Mom up. Mom & I did some personal care, watched the birds then I accompanied her to dining room II for the music and Flag Day celebration coffee hour. Mom and I clapped and sang along then I left about 3:50 PM. I spoke with Nurse Luz and Nurse Diane about Mom’s rash before I left. I fed the birds again. From home I sent an email to Mary Gilmore of Hospice, also, about the rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment