Wednesday, June 12, 2013

TUESDAY, JUNE 11 AND WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12, 2013




June 12, 2013 watercolor by Geraldine

June 11, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I saw Gus from physical plant department and asked about the erosion by the feeder. He does Not want rocks as they will block the drain. He recommended leaving it be. I brought clean clothes to Mom and cookies for staff (C.N.A. week). Mom was resting on her bed, under covers, no O2, glasses on, teeth in watching DVD, sound down. The bed controls worked today. I opened the blinds and we watched the birds. One parrot was at the feeder this morning. We hung up her clean clothes and I got the dirty clothes bagged up. Mom was good at problem solving this morning. We went to dining room II and got a cup of coffee. Mom propelled herself most of the way. No activity going on there so we returned to her room and colored and watched the DVD. We channel surfed some. I gave Mom a chocolate. Nurse Audra came by and asked if Mom had adequate Hospice supplies. I said yes. We looked at old photos. Mom identified more than half correctly. I accompanied Mom to the dining room for lunch. C.N.A. Eglise gave Mom a Boost supplement. I left the NH about noon.
June 12, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 2:10 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, teeth in, DVD on, sound down. Carl had signed and the Hospice social worker in Mom’s guest book. I opened the blinds and raised the head of her bed. We hung up the clean clothes I brought. Mom had difficulty with problem solving but got better as we proceeded with the task. I called for assistance and Dalmacio came and said he had just changed her so just assisted getting Mom into her wheelchair. We did some personal care, watched the birds and channel surfed some. We went to dining room II for watercolor with Pat. Mom propelled herself most of the way. Mom did two watercolors today and Pat gave me one of Mom’s from a previous session. Mom and I went to the covered patio and bought Cheetos. I got Mom a cup of cranberry juice. We returned to dining room II for the craft program was starting. Mom propelled herself more than half the way on that walk. I left Mom in the craft program decorating birdhouses and took home her watercolors about 3:50 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment