Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MONDAY MAY 27 AND TUESDAY MAY 28, 2013



May 27, 2013, Monday. Memorial Day. I went to the NH about 3 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, teeth in. Mom greeted me when I came in. I gave her a banana which she ate. I gathered up her dirty clothes and was going to get her up when the C.N.A. came in to change Mom. She changed Mom and we got Mom into her chair and we watched the birds, cleaned her hands, brushed her hair. There were two Quaker Parrots today. Another C.N.A. came in and they discussed methods for catching the parrots! Mom and I went to dining room for the special Memorial Day program. They served apple juice and donut halves while we sang Patriotic songs, folk songs led by guitar strumming performer. We clapped and sang and Mom ate her donut. Then they gave out flags and recognition to the veterans present. A gentleman named Bill at our table served, was at Normandy and earned a Silver Star in WWII. During the presentations, Mom became distressed and put her head down. I don’t know if her stomach bothered her or if she was upset? She wanted to return to her room so I accompanied her to her room, put her on her bed. C.N.A. came in and she said she would get Mom later for supper. I fed the birds again and left about 5 PM.
May 28, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 9:20 AM. I went to the front office to discuss the Medicaid bill to me. They are going to take care of it. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed. The room was cold and she had no sheet or cover over her and complained of being cold. She had on a sweater. No TV, no glasses, teeth in, no O2. I got Mom up. We did some personal care, watched the birds and I gave her the last chocolate from the box from Helen. We channel surfed then I put TV on DVD.  I accompanied Mom to dining room II for the volleyball game. I saw Tara & Annie from Recreation and we looked at the craft donations I had brought. I got Mom a coffee then she went to participate in the game. She did well and enjoyed the game. I left about 10:30 AM. Mom showed no interest in my leaving.   

No comments:

Post a Comment