Saturday, June 29, 2013

THURSDAY, JUNE 27, FRIDAY, 28 AND SATURDAY, 29, 2013



June 27, 2013 Thursday. I went to the NH about 10:15 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the big TV room with other residents. I accompanied Mom to dining room II for Nail Spa. Mom chose a red/pink color today. After getting her nails done, we returned to her room and hung up her clean clothes. She did some problem solving. She was uneven in perceptions. We watched the birds. I changed the DVD to Cast Away and did some channel surfing. Nurse Audra took her vitals which were “good”. I accompanied Mom to the dining room and got her some juice. I left about 11:40 AM.
Later in the day I talked to the Dental Care people about Mom’s teeth. The financial officer said that if Medicaid does not replace the teeth, the NH had told her that they would pay for replacement.
June 28, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 11:20 AM. There was birdseed in the feeder, blinds closed. I had spoken to Riley on the phone earlier about going by and feeding the birds because my car with the birdseed wouldn’t go.  Mom was resting on her bed, DVD playing, sound down, no socks so I checked her feet. I cut her toenails and put cream on her feet and legs. I got her up then noted she was very wet. A C.N.A. came and we changed Mom. We changed her dress and got her into her chair. Mom & I did some personal care and I changed the DVD. We watched the birds and saw parrots. I couldn’t get the bed to raise the head or foot and reported that to Nurse Diane. I accompanied Mom to the dining room for lunch. I took Mom’s dirty clothes home and left about 12:20 PM. I got a phone call about 12:45 PM from the repairman from Hospice who said that he could find nothing wrong with the bed.
June 29, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 3:20 PM today. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I took the clean clothes to Mom’s room but she wasn’t there. I found her in dining room II where the Backyard Boys and One Girl were getting ready to play.  Mom and I went to the big window and watched the birds and I got Mom a coffee. We then went to a table and listened to the music. I went to Mom’s room during the music and hung up her clothes, got her a candy and returned to the performance. They were good, violin, flute, two guitars and singing, mostly traditional folk, country (Oh them Golden Slippers). I left Mom at the entertainment at about 4:10 PM. Mom was not very responsive today and seemed to be coughing a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment