Friday, June 7, 2013

THURSDAY, JUNE 6 & FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 2013



June 6, 2013, Thursday. It was Carl who visited yesterday and filled the bird feeder, twice, he says. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. I fed the birds, blinds partially open. I took magazines to the front office to donate and saw Mike in administration briefly. I gave him the blog address. Candy Sandlin told me that the automatic brake system for Mom’s wheel chair will likely be done today. I went to Mom’s room and put sign-in guest book on her table. She was lying on her bed, no pillow with foot of the bed raised. O2 was on but Mom did not have nostril hose on her nose. She had her glasses on and greeted me immediately. I opened the blinds more and we talked about the birds. I turned off the O2 and got Mom to sit up and eat a chocolate. We did some personal care then went for a walk. Mom propelled herself to the covered patio where I bought her a Dr. Pepper, at her request. We returned to her room for a straw and watched part of Winged Migration, then I changed her DVD to a Fred A. movie. We colored together in her bird coloring book. I left her in her about 11:30 AM, w/c, brakes locked, coloring at her table. She said “Ciao” to me as I departed, indicating her alert mood today.
June 7, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 10:50 AM. I fed the birds blinds closed. When I entered facility, Nurse Diane reported that braking system was on Mom’s w/chair and that Mom had gotten out of her w/c independently this morning and sat in a chair nearby and put her feet up in the w/c. I spoke to Annie from Rec. about this incident later as it was she who discovered Mom in the TV room sitting in one of the permanent chairs. Mom was not in her room but was at the residents meeting in dining room II. No glasses and she was not participating. I got her glasses and a scarf and joined her. She voted for lemon pie with my cues to her to choose. I noted the braking system on her w/c will prevent me from folding the chair and putting it in the car. I accompanied Mom to her room and we did some personal care. I took out old photos and letters and prompted her to discuss and or identify people and memories. She identified me in photos 2 out of 3 times. She identified Dad as Brooks and other confusions. She had difficulty identifying the 4 youngest children. She mixed things up but did Not demonstrate “false memories” as far as I could tell. We went for a walk around to the back of the facility and fed the birds again upon returning. Mom propelled herself most of the way. We returned to her room, watched the birds then I accompanied Mom to the dining room for lunch. I left about 12:10 PM. Nurse Diane expressed concern about the increased possibility for falls as Mom increases her physical capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment