Wednesday, June 5, 2013

JUNE 4 & JUNE 5, 2013 and CARE PLAN MEETING



June 4, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 9:45 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I signed her out at the Nurses desk. I mentioned concern about erosion around the bird feeder to Nurse Audra. Mom was asleep on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, sound down on DVD. When I opened the blinds, she awoke and said “hello!” I asked if she wanted to go for a ride. I started to get her up but she was stinky so I called for help and put Mom back on the bed. I did a bad job changing her, tore the diaper then C.N.A.  Dalmacio came and finished changing Mom, new diaper. I cleaned Mom’s hands, gave her a chocolate, brushed her hair and we went to the car. Mom propelled herself most of the way. We drove around a bit then we went to Buck Moore’s Feed Store and I bought 4 bags of birdseed while Mom waited in the car. We drove back to the NH by circuitous route. Mom mostly dozed off in the car today. Mom expressed no reluctance to returning to NH and I accompanied Mom to the Great Room where a game of batting a beach ball was in progress. Mom joined in readily and I left about 11:20 AM.
June 5, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 2:15 PM. The blinds were half open and the birds were fed. I believe Riley had visited. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, no glasses, sound down on TV on TCM. I took some clean clothes and Mom and I hung them up. Mom was pretty good at problem solving today. The pet Therapy dog, Mimi, and her handler came by. We put Mimi on her bed and Mom petted her vigorously. We did some personal care and I helped Mom into her chair. We went to dining room II where watercolor painting was in progress with Pat. Mom and I started a watercolor but I left to go to the Care Plan Meeting for Mom. The meeting went longer than I anticipated and I returned to dining room II about 4 PM. Mom had done another watercolor and Pat was gone. Another crafts program was in progress but Mom was not participating. I tried to get her to work with them but Mom was recalcitrant and wanted to return to her room. I accompanied her back to her room and assisted her onto her bed. I put the TV on the Carmen DVD and left Mom resting on her bed watching the DVD. I took her dirty clothes and the new watercolors and left the NH about 4:20 PM.
 THE CARE PLAN MEETING, 3:15 PM - we discussed Mom’s improved alertness and talked about getting a restorative therapy order for her and having her remain on Hospice. It was suggested that I get a Guest Book for Mom’s room as we don’t have a clear idea of who visits. Hospice has a record of a volunteer for Mom but I have never seen or seen evidence of one visiting her. The Hospice C.N.A. visits Mom twice a week but I don’t cross paths with her, often. I do not know when Riley and Carl visit. The Hospice social worker, nurse and others visit Mom also. All evidence is that the increased contact agrees with Mom. We discussed the automatic braking system for Mom’s chair. Hospice reported that they have one for Mom’s chair which will be put on as soon as maintenance gets around to it. Nurse Diane said she would write the order (again). When I returned home Nurse Diane called and reported follow-up on the things we discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment