Monday, June 3, 2013

SUNDAY JUNE 2 AND MONDAY JUNE 3, 2013



June 2, 2013, Sunday.
 when I went by yesterday mom was laying down and her o2 was on but on the floor.the seeds weren't all gone so you must have been by earlier.there was a parrot.Singing in the rain was on.mom ate her banana.” Email From Carl

I went to the NH about 3:15 PM today. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was on her bed with a blood pressure gauge on her wrist. The C.N.A. followed me into her room and checked Mom’s BP and O2. Her BP was about 115 over 52, something like that, O2 okay. Mom had her O2 on. The C.N.A. changed Mom and we got her into her chair. I brushed her hair, we watched the birds and we did some personal care. Mom was a little confused about following cues. It is not her hearing because I lowered my voice and made shorter sentences and she understood. I checked Mom out and we went for a ride. We went slowly through the neighborhood. Mom was alert to her environment, noticing flowers and passer-bys. We went to Walgreens and I bought her some chocolates and we mailed a letter at the drive through post office. We returned to the NH. I strategically gave her a chocolate to eat while I got the w/c in place then told her there was a party inside. I accompanied her to dining room II where performer was strolling, singing and playing an accordion. I got Mom a coffee and a cup of ice water and said good-bye. Mom showed no distress at my leaving. I put the chocolate in her room, changed the DVD to Carmen and left about 4:20 PM.
June 3, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 9:15 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, DVD on, sound down, no glasses. I called for assistance as Mom was sopping wet and leaked through her slacks. I changed Mom and got her some clean slacks then turned off the call light. I got Mom into her chair, cleaned her hands and gave her a chocolate. We watched the birds and I turned up the sound. I brushed her hair and such then we went to dining room II. I got Mom a coffee. I drew a portrait of Tina. Mom drank all her coffee then I assisted her into the group for the group activity about cows. Then I did a portrait sketch of Mary from NY then I did Tom from Seattle. I got a chance to observe Mom in the group without my giving cues. She does not advocate nor participate although she knows about cows. She was paying attention. I left Mom in the group about 11:00 AM. Mom showed no distress at my departure. I went to the administration desk at the NH about 11:30 AM. We talked about the proper way to make two checks each month from her Trust. One check for payment into a personal account for Mom to get her hair done and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment