Monday, June 24, 2013

SATURDAY, June 22, SUNDAY, June 23 & MONDAY, June 24, 2013



June 22, 2013, Saturday. I went to the facility about 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I gave Nurse Audra a copy of Bloody Wymmin #3. Mom was resting on her bed, no O2, glasses on, no teeth, DVD on, sound down. C.N.A. Dalmaccio came in and I assisted him in changing Mom. We got Mom into her w/c and did some personal care. Mom & I watched the birds, channel surfed then put the DVD back on, sound up. Mom said she had not seen this movie. Mom & I went to dining room II. Mom worked with building blocks and I got her a coffee. They were out of cream. The Christ Apostolic representatives were there singing and praying. Mom and I clapped along with the music. We returned to her room. I put her on her bed and noted no bedspread. Mom watched the birds. Two parrots came. I left DVD playing, sound up, about 11:30 AM.
June 23, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 3:40 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on but the cannula was not in her nose, no glasses, DVD on, sound down, bed very high. Mom said she did Not want to get up. I opened the blinds we watched the birds. I noted the lovely new flowers from Carl. Yvonne came in and we got Mom up and into her w/c. We looked for her teeth some more, Yvonne with a flashlight. We did some personal care then went for a walk around the facility. Mom had a coffee. We returned to her room. Tina told me that Mom had gotten a letter. There was a letter from Quembe about their near miss of the tornado on May 31. We read the letter and talked about Quembe. We channel surfed then Mom to the dining room to await supper. I left about 5:40 PM.
June 24, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 9:50 AM. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on,
DVD on, sound down, glasses on. Mom was awake but said she did not want to get up. C.N.A. Ugonna came in to take her O2 level and assisted getting Mom into her w/c. Mom’s O2 was at 93 (good). We did some personal care, watched the birds and I gave Mom a chocolate. No teeth, still. I got Mom’s laundry ready to go home, inspected it at home and no teeth in the laundry. We went to dining room II and a volunteer got Mom a coffee. The residents exercised and played games while I sketched portraits of three residents; Pat, Bob (the Silver Star recipient) and Max, who is blind. Max said he will give it to his granddaughter. I accompanied Mom back to her room, put on a different Fred A. movie and left her in her w/c, wheels locked, coloring the bird coloring book. I left about 11:30 AM.

Mom is still cute without her teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment