Saturday, March 9, 2013

MARCH 8 & 9, 2013



March 8, 2013, Friday. Foxy and I went to the NH about 2:50 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Nurse Diane asked me to sign a permission form for melatonin for Mom, very low dosage. We discussed Mom’s meds. Mom was resting on her bed, no O2, no glasses, TV off, teeth in, no slacks on. I brought some old photos I found today and clean clothes to hang up. We did some personal care. I gave Mom a baby banana which she ate promptly. I gave her the photos to look at while I got hangers. We hung up the clothes. Mom was pretty good at problem solving today. I put Foxy on the bed with her. She petted him vigorously and we looked at the photos together. For the first time in years she identified Dad. “That’s Hickory with the kids.” I put the photographs that she selected in her photo book that we keep in the drawer with the crayons. She expressed enjoyment at looking at the photos. C.N.A. Vanessa came and changed Mom and assisted getting Mom up for activities, a piano concert. Vanessa commented on how alert Mom is today. We went to dining room II for the concert and had real coke and fake popcorn for refreshments. Foxy and I left Mom at the concert about 4 PM.
March 9, 2013, Saturday. Foxy & I went to the NH about 4:00 PM. The birdfeeder was full and full of different types of doves, blinds half open. Mom was sitting in her w/chair with O2 on, watching Fred A. on DVD. I put Foxy on the bed so Mom could pet him which she did enthusiastically.  I noted fresh water on flowers and banana peel in garbage so I asked Mom if Carl had visited and she said “Yes”. We channel surfed and I changed the DVD to Carmen. I worked on her fingernails and we did some personal care. I brought pecans to crack and we worked on cracking pecans. Mom did well after instruction. I found the package of information about the Riley’s property sent by Quembe. Mom expressed interest in the documents. We started reading them today and will read over them in segments. I left them there, for now. I accompanied Mom to the dining room and left her there about 5:30 PM. I brought dirty clothes home to wash and noticed house finches and sparrows at the feeder as I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment