Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 6 & 7, 2013



March 6, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 2:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no O2, teeth in, glasses on, TV off. I turned on TV and DVD player was also off. We channel surfed some then I turned on DVD, Top Hat. Mom said she had not seen this film before. We did some personal care and I trimmed toenails today. Donna from Recreation came to tell me that there would be no art today as volunteer Pat had a family matter to attend to. So I prepared to do art in the room and noticed no table. I got Mom up and we looked at photographs. Today she identified her father as “my daddy, A.L. Hickerson” then got it right in another photo. She confused surname “Clark” and “Hickerson” a couple of times. After some prompting she identified all her children and today called me “Melanie”. I assisted her into wheelchair then the birds came; white wing and rock doves. We watched the birds for awhile then went to dining room II for games. Mom propelled herself most of the way. I told Nurse Jennie about Mom’s missing table. She found one for Mom right away and put it in Mom’s room. The Med nurse gave Mom her (4 o’clock) meds. I got Mom a cranberry juice. I left Mom with Annie at a table for word games about 3:30 PM. Mom noticed her environment and commented on decorations today.
March 7, 2013, Thursday. I did not go to the NH today.

No comments:

Post a Comment