Saturday, March 16, 2013

MARCH 14 AND MARCH 15, 2013



March 14, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 11:30 AM. I went to the front office and saw Candy the accountant about the bill which needs an adjustment but she has to wait on official form from SS. I donated New Yorker magazines. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no O2, no glasses, DVD on, no sound. I noticed new flowers from Carl. I opened the blinds then assisted Mom to get up then noticed she was wet and put her back on her bed and called for help. C.N.A. William came and changed Mom and we got her into her chair. The wheelchair is repaired and this one folds up so I don’t have to bring hers from home. We did some personal care and I gave her a chocolate. Then I accompanied her to the dining room. On the way I spoke to Nurse Diane about wheelchairs. Who knows? Mom propelled herself the whole way. I got Mom a cup of cranberry juice and the wife of another resident produced Mom’s bib. She said it had gotten left behind from previous meal.  I got Mom’s dirty clothes then left about 12:20 PM. Riley told me about 5 PM that he planned to visit Mom.
March 15, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 9:25 AM. I fed the birds blinds closed. Mom was sleeping soundly on her bed. The O2 contraption was on her nose but the machine was off, so I turned it on. TV was off. I turned that on, cleaned her glasses and put clean clothes away. There’s not enough room for her clothes and they keep giving her more clothes. Nurse told me to take it up with Social Work. I turned up sound on TV. Mom looked at me a couple of times but continued sleeping. I left about 9:40 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment