Monday, March 11, 2013

March 10 & 11, 2013



March 10, 2013, Sunday. Riley called about noon and said that he also saw Mom yesterday.  I went to the NH about 2:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, DVD on, sound down, no glasses, teeth in. I opened the blinds and we did some personal care. I assisted Mom to get into her wheelchair. I changed the DVD from Carmen part II to American in Paris. We read some of Quembe’s documents about the Riley’s land in OK. She did not remember much today. I got the photos out and Mom had more difficulty identifying people at first today, searching for words. We discussed her grandmothers’ names. She manifested more incomplete sentences today. I got the colors out and we colored together. She enjoyed this at first but soon tired of it. Mom seemed agitated today. We went to the Episcopal service. She propelled herself less than half way. I got her a coffee. I left Mom at the service with a songbook about 3:40 PM. I brought pecans to crack but we didn’t get around to that. Nurse Jennie thought that the storms last night, the weather change, might be related to several residents’ agitation.
March 11, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 3 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses off, TV sound turned low, no pants on. She greeted me as soon as I entered (not asleep).  I brought nuts to crack but we didn’t do that today. I brought the Riley property documents but she didn’t respond to cues for that subject today. We looked at photos. She did fairly well at identifying people in photos but was inconsistent. She did Not confuse her family name (Clark) with Hickerson today. We did some personal care then I called for help but no help came. I changed Mom on the bed then got her up into the w/chair. We channel surfed then I put it back on the DVD.  Mom said she wanted to continue to watch American in Paris. The birds came and we watched the birds. I gave her a chocolate and she said she was hungry so we walked to the snack food machines. She propelled herself most of the way there and back. She chose Oreos. We shared them on the enclosed patio. Then we went to activities in dining room II, "Games". I got a tiger puzzle which we worked on together, twice. Donna, Recreation, stopped by and said how much many of the residents enjoy watching the birds. I told her I would like to volunteer sketching residents June & July on Mondays. We will finalize later. Mom & I returned to her room. I set her up with coloring then left about 5:15 PM. Tina reports that there was an incident with Mom taking someone else's pills. It sounds as if Mom thought it was candy but it is difficult to understand exactly from Tina.

No comments:

Post a Comment