Saturday, March 30, 2013

MARCH 28-30, 2013



March 28, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 3:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. The birds were waiting for me! Mom was at the bingo activity in dining room II. I went to administration and paid for 3 guests for Sunday Lunch. Then went to Mom’s room, opened blinds, and got a glasses lens wipe from Mom’s drawer for her glasses which are always dirty. C.N.A. Anabel appeared to be resting on Tina’s bed. She exited when I came in. I went to dining room II and joined Mom. She was sitting alone at a table with four cards so we played together. We got about 5 Bingo’s between us. Mom ate one banana and was intermittently accurate with the game. I put one banana in her prize bag with two bags of chips and took the apple she chose home with me. I plan to cut it up and bring it to her another time. We went back to her room and did some personal care, watched the birds and changed the DVD to Opera, Carmen. I tried to engage her in some conversation about the Riley’s and read one of Claris’ stories to her. Today she did not remember Uncle Lewis or much about the Riley’s, only Granma Riley. She was generally lethargic and acquiescent. I accompanied her to the dining room for supper. She propelled herself the whole way. I got her an orange juice before I left about 5:40 PM. I noted that Social Worker Sam had on disposal particle mask at the Nurses desk.

March 29, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 10:40 AM with clean clothes. I fed the birds, blinds partially open. Mom was asleep on her bed, no O2, glasses on. I opened the blinds, turned up the DVD just in time for the Toreador song and sang along. Mom smiled and was happy and said that she wanted to get up and go to the bathroom. I called for help and started to assist Mom getting up. A new C.N.A. came and assisted Mom to the toilet. She was kind and patient but she put the “Handi Wipe” thing in the toilet and it clogged, didn’t overflow. I showed the mystery sweater to Tina but Tina said it is not hers so I took it to Nurses station and reported clogged toilet. Derrick came very soon and checked it out. I gave Mom the fruit salad I made with her Bingo apple and she ate almost all, leaving some of the raisins behind. She also ate a cookie which she did not immediately identify as food. I had to instruct her. I did some personal care and sketched her today. Mom was somewhat distracted today. She asked “who’s that” when there was no one there. We watched the birds and channel surfed some then I put Singing in the Rain on. She said she had not seen this film before. I accompanied Mom to the dining room and left about 11:50 AM. I spoke with Donna about Sunday and verified 3 guests. Riley reported that he saw Mom during Lunch.

March 30, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 2:10 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no glasses, sound down on TV, no pants, O2 on. I got Mom some pants and got her up into wheelchair, opened blinds, turned on sound. The birds came and we watched the birds. We did some personal care, cleaned her glasses and checked Mom out for a ride in the car. Mom did well managing the w/c, slowing it and controlling it, somewhat. We rode around slowly in the car looking at flowers, passer-bys and scenery. We got a soda at the convenience store. Mom delighted in reading all the signs on the store. We went to NW Park and sat in the parking lot for a bit then made our way back to the NH. Mom refused to get out of the car. She said that I could go in and she would wait for me. I opened the door and sat in the w/c and we talked for a bit. Then Mom got out of her own volition to go inside. Jon Emery was playing music in dining room II. He’s good and played “You are my Sunshine”, “Tennessee Waltz” and other favorites. Mom & I clapped and sang when we knew the words. I left Mom with the music and the soda about 4:10 PM. Mom showed no distress at my departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment