Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MARCH 18 & 19, 2013



March 18, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 3:00 PM. I fed the birds blinds closed. Mom was in Dining room II with a cup of coffee, one w/c brake on. She had on the same socks as yesterday. C.N.A. Jasmine is solicitous towards Mom. I moved Mom towards the windows and the birds came to the feeder. Mom was less alert today, monosyllabic. I had to write down comments in order for her to understand. She remembers Granma Riley but not her first name. With prompting, I got a few relevant remembrances but very little today. I got her fingernail file and we filed her nails. She tired of that quickly. I drew birds then she drew a bird. I attempted Tic Tac Toe with her. Her marks on paper were repetitive, decorative but not “O”s or “x”s . We played patty cake successfully. I left her coloring in an RNC coloring book in the dining room about 4 PM.
March 19, 2013, Tuesday. Foxy and I went to the NH about 2:50 PM. The blinds were open and the bird feeders full! Carl has been here! Or Riley? I went to Mom’s room.  She wasn’t there but fresh flowers indicate Carl. Tube roses with the carnations, mums, roses arrangement will really be nice this week. I found Mom in dining room II drinking a cup of coffee. She was delighted to see us. We returned to her room and I did her nails. We returned to the arts & crafts activity. Mom wanted Foxy on her lap so I put Foxy on her lap and propelled her while she held firmly, petting her dog. Tina told me that Mom bowled a “9” in the bowling games this morning.  Annie from Rec. told me that Mom said to her earlier “Sit down and join me. I just sent out for coffee.” Mom was communicative and cheerful today. Foxy & I left about 3:40 PM. Mom showed no anxiety at our departure. I brought dirty clothes home to wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment