Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 12 & 13, 2013



March 12, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 5:10 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the dining room awaiting supper. I took Mom for a walk to the covered patio. Then we went to her room. She propelled herself over half the way. Tina reports that Mom has been wandering around the facility independently and nurses confirmed that. I noted a broken to the quick fingernail and cut that off. We did some personal care then returned to the dining room for supper about 5:50 PM. The food came about 6 PM.  She ate about 1/3 to ½ her food. I got a yogurt to add to the chocolate cake and coerced her to eat all of that. We returned to her room. We hung up the clean clothes I brought. Mom did some problem solving. We visited the TV room then returned to her room again. I changed the DVD to Fred A. I took her teeth out and brushed them and checked. The uppers still say “Henderson”. I left Mom coloring in her room. I spoke with nurses about her teeth ID about 7 PM before I left the facility.
March 13, 2013, Wednesday. I called the dentist lab about 7:50 AM. They returned my call about 8:15 AM. We made agreement for me to bring Mom’s teeth to them about 9:30 this morning. I went to the NH about 9:15 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I spoke with Nurse Diane about taking Mom with me to get her name put in her upper dentures. I also saw Nurse Mary Gilmore from Hospice. She told me she had discovered the reason for the hold up on getting Mom a locking wheelchair. It is funding. We are waiting for funding. Mom was asleep on her bed, TV off, no O2, no slacks. I opened the blinds and Mary G. assisted in getting Mom up; slacks, coat and sweater on and into her wheelchair. We went to the car and Mary assisted bringing the walker out and taking the wheelchair back to Mom’s room. Mom and I went to the dental cares offices at 2905 Gardenia in Round Rock. While they fixed the name in the dentures Mom and I went to Walgreen’s where I bought lens wipes and chocolates for Mom. We got her dentures and returned to the facility. During the fast, highway driving, Mom zoned out and noticed little around us. We drove through the neighborhoods slowly before returning to NH and then Mom noticed flowers, birds and environment. Upon return I got her wheelchair from her room. When we started back to the facility I noticed front left wheel was broken and we could only proceed by going backwards. We went to Nurse station and Annie from Rec. assisted in locating Derrick for repairing the w/c. Derrick brought another w/c and we transferred Mom to it and he took her chair. I returned her coat, chocolates, lens wipes to her room then left Mom sitting near the Nurse station at about 11:40 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment