Sunday, March 24, 2013

MARCH 23 & 24, 2013



March 23, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:40 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I opened her blinds then found Mom in dining room II where Music was just finishing up. I took Mom back to her room.  I noticed a white bandage on a wound on L leg with yesterday’s date written on it. I asked the Med nurse but she didn’t know anything about it. I asked C.N.A. Vanessa and she didn’t know either and Tina had no report on it either. Birds came and we watched the birds. We did some personal care from the locked overnight bag today. The White Diamonds perfume that Riley & Terri gave Mom 2 or 3 years ago for Christmas finally finished today. We channel surfed then watched Winged Migration for a bit during which Mom asked to go “out”. I changed to a Fred A. DVD and Mom settled down. She appears to be comforted and entertained by films that have the look and the pace of the films of her youth. I showed her photos today and she misidentified Lu, calling her “Cynthia”. We did some exercise. When I accompanied her to the dining room for supper we found the charge nurse and she removed the bandage to reveal a closed wound with scab forming so we left the bandage off. I got Mom an orange juice then I left about 5:50 PM.

March 24, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 3 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses off, sound down on the DVD. She said “I’m telling myself my own story to go with the movie.” Mom was alert today but more confused in some ways. When looking at photos she mixed her siblings names into groups of her children, identifying Lu as Roberta or Cynthia as Claris. In other photos she called Cynthia Lucretia. Her room was exceptionally cold today. I gave her a sweater, scarf and hat. We did some personal care and I gave her a chocolate. The birds came and we watched the birds. We went to the church service and sang the hymns but Mom tired of that and wanted to go. So we went for a stroll around the facility. Twice she started to get out of her w/c to walk but then also tired of propelling herself. Mom tired of each activity quickly with attention turning from one thing to another. We returned to her room. We channel surfed some and colored together. We went to get a juice  in the dining room then returned to her room. This trip she propelled herself most of the way. I left her in her room coloring in front of TV, sound up, Fred A on DVD. I brought home clothes to wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment