Friday, March 22, 2013

MARCH 20 - 22, 2013



March 20, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 3 PM today. I fed the birds, blinds open. When I went in Nurse Diana said “We’re having a good day.”! Mom was in bed, TV off, no O2, no slacks, wrestling with the covers. She said she wanted to go to the bathroom (usually means she wants to have a BM) and started getting up before I could assist her. I got her to slow down and called for help. I got her shoes on her and into w/c and headed for bathroom. She was impatient but we got her to the toilet and Vanessa came and assisted Mom, gently and calmly. We got some slacks on her and back to the bed area. The birds came so we watched the birds. Mom pointed out the flowers, the mobile turning in the air currents and light reflecting on cars in the parking lot. We did some personal care then went to dining room II where painting activity was in progress. I got Mom some coffee and left her in the activity. Mom wanted to leave with me today. I left the NH about 4 PM. I turned her TV on before I left.
March 21, 2013, Thursday. Foxy & I went to the NH about 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed watching DVD of Fred. A. C.N.A. William came in to see if Mom wanted to get up but she said “No.” I put Foxy on her bed and she petted him enthusiastically and gave him a treat. We hung up clean clothes that I brought from home. Mom did not do well with problem solving today, required specific prompting. Mom was not conversational today. The birds came and we watched the birds. We channel surfed and did some personal care and I gave her a chocolate. She had difficulty deciding whether to watch the Parrots O TH or another Fred A. movie but finally settled on a Fred A. movie. Foxy and I left about 11 AM.

March 22, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was asleep on her bed, glasses on, no O2. I opened the blinds and hung the clean sweater I brought and turned up the sound on her TV. I asked if she wanted a chocolate and she awoke immediately and said yes. She sat up in bed and I brushed her hair with the spray on hair conditioner that Helen brought. We use that regularly, almost daily, and it really is great for Mom’s hair plus it has lasted. I cleaned her glasses, helped her clean her hands and she opened the chocolate easily. She applied hand cream to arms and hands. Mom was alert today and readily agreed to get up. I accompanied her to the activity in dining room II where many of the residents were already in a circle prepared to “play ball”. She propelled herself most of the way. Annie was still retrieving, transporting, residents. I stood in the middle of the circle and told about my shingles being blown off my roof and the leaks and rain. Several of the residents contributed to the conversation, remembering the storms, asking about the type of shingles, roof and we laughed about the different kinds of excitement one can have. Annie came and began the game. I left NH about 10:40 AM. Mom demonstrated no distress at my departure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment