Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MARCH 25-27,2013



March 25, 2013, Monday. I didn’t go to NH today.
March 26, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 10:20 AM with clean clothes. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was asleep on her bed, no O2, glasses on, sound down on DVD. I opened the blinds and turned up the TV. Mom was happy to see me but said that she did Not want to get up. I cleaned her glasses and we hung up a few clothes but she kept falling asleep. I gave her a chocolate and we looked at some material that Quembe sent about the Riley’s, Great uncle Lewis and others. Mom was inattentive. We channel surfed then went back to the DVD. I closed half the blinds lowered her bed and said good-bye. She said good-bye and I left her sleeping about 11 AM.  I called the facility in the afternoon and made reservations for three to visit Mom for Easter Lunch.

March 27, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 2:30 PM. There was feed in the birdfeeder but I put in some more, blinds open. Nurse asked me if I knew anything about the delivery of O2 tanks to Mom? I did not. She said they came without the carts for them and she did not find orders for them. So they refused them. Mom was resting in her bed, O2 on, clothed but under the covers watching the birds. She did not want to get up, no matter my encouragement. Fresh flowers indicate Carl had been to visit. The tube roses really contribute a lovely smell in the room. I soaked her nails, warm cloth on her face, cleaned & filed nails, cream on her skin. We looked at photos and some material that Quembe sent about the Riley’s. She seemed to recognize people in photos appropriately but showed very little interest. The C.N.A. came and took Mom’s vital signs. Temperature about 97.8, (good for her) blood pressure low -89 over 78…something like that, oxygen good, over 95%. A man came with an official aid dog named Dixie. Mom petted the dog happily.  Mom was lethargic and mostly just watched the birds. We channel surfed. I changed the DVD then left about 3:30 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment