Thursday, November 7, 2013

WED., NOV. 6 & THURS., NOV. 7, 2013



November 6, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM today. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in her room, in bed, O2 on, no glasses. I got her up and into her chair, cleaned her glasses. We played patty cake. The C.N.A. brought Tina’s tray then brought Mom’s when she saw me there. Mom ate well tonight with some salt added to the soup & salad. She likes their veggie soup. I added Mayo to the salad and scrapped the cheese off the sandwich and she ate the cheese. Mom ate two cookies and some of the fruit salad (the peaches and pineapple). We channel surfed some. I took the tray to the dining room and Mom wanted to go to bed. When I assisted her to the bed, she was very wet so I called for help and changed her, put her nightgown on her. The C.N.A. came after she was in bed. Mom’s bed had no bed spread but had two blankets instead.  Mom was cooperative but seemed tired with difficulty following instructions. I have noticed that she does not use her left hand without encouragement. I left about 6:50 PM.
November 7, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM. There was seed in the vertical feeder so I put the birdseed in the flat feeder, blinds open. Mom was in the big TV room. I transported her to her room, got her a hat and lap blanket. I saw that Carl had signed in today and he wrote “banana” so Mom had a banana today too. Carl says that Mom always asks “How’s Charlotte?” A C.N.A. brought Mom’s tray and she ate pretty well; all of the broth and veggies in the chicken soup, most of the bread & butter, one bite of spinach, all of the pear and half a cookie. Riley arrived just as Mom finished and we looked at the newsletter and talked about his and Terri’s subbing for me. Riley left, took Mom’s tray out, then Mom & I looked at some pictures and channel surfed some. I assisted Mom into a nightgown and into bed. I put Mom’s O2 on, gave Mom and Tina a candy and left at about 6:30 PM. Mom was cheerful and cooperative, tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment