Thursday, November 21, 2013

WED., NOV. 20 & THURS., NOV. 21, 2013



November 20, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM. There was still birdseed from yesterday, blinds closed. Mom was on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, DVD playing, teeth in. I got Mom into her w/c and the C.N.A. brought Mom’s tray. Mom was contrary, advocated for herself today, and ate all her veggies, some soup and some pasta. But it took three packets of ketchup, salt and pepper. She ate both her cookies independently. I worked on organizing her drawers. We hung up some clean clothes I brought. We channel surfed while we soaked and cleaned her fingernails. After returning her tray to the dining room, I spoke to Nurse Diane and Annie in Rec. about getting Mom up for activities. I gave Tina’s sugarless candy to Annie. I assisted the C.N.A. in changing Mom then got her into bed. I cleaned Mom’s teeth, gave her a chocolate, put the O2 on and changed the DVD to Gene Kelly in Brigadoon. I left about 7 PM.
November 21, 2013, Thursday.  I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Rain predicted and it has drizzled some today so I didn’t water. Mom was in the dining room. Staff told me that Mom had been all over the facility today, going here and there. I saw her release her brakes herself. We went to her room with Mom propelling herself most of the way. Her tray was in her room. Mom was pleasant and also argumentative. She did not eat well then told me that she had played Bingo and “had already eaten”. She ate a few bites of omelet, hash browns and about ½ of the biscuit. She wanted to go for a ride. So we went for a walk outside and watched the sunset on the gathering thunderheads and looked at the Fall colors. Mom was communicative and aware of her environment. I explained that she was sick. “Do you want to die?” I asked then we talked about dieing. We went back to her room after I told her there was chocolate there. I gave her chocolate, cleaned her teeth, her glasses, got her into her nightie and into bed with O2 on. We watched some of a Fred A. tap dance then she told me she had seen this movie. We channel surfed then I put on Winged Migration. She watched the birds with attention and interest so I left it on that. I closed the door when I left about 6:40 PM. Once again I saw no sign of Mr. Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment