Thursday, November 28, 2013

WED., NOV. 27 & THANKSGIVING! NOV. 28, 2013



November 27, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in bed without her teeth, no glasses, O2 on but cannula was on the floor and the sound was down on the TV. I opened the blinds and we saw some birds. Mom’s room was a mess with dirty clothes here and there. Mom was wet so I changed her and got her dressed and into her chair. I called for help but no one came. I brushed her hair. I put dirty clothes in hamper then went and got her tray. I got her teeth in and turned off the TV. Mom ate well tonight. Almost all of the cauliflower and broccoli, some of the chopped chicken and biscuit but not much of the fruit salad. Carl came while Mom was eating. Mom spotted him coming out the window and got excited, recognized him. Carl brought fresh flowers and showed us pictures on his new IPad. After Carl left,  I did the game of having her choose which bite when she started to tire of eating and it continues to work to get her to eat more. I sang Go Down Moses and Do you want to Sit Down but she did not know those songs. She sang along on ‘Good Health & Wealth…’ and ‘We Gather together.’ Then I sang Down in the Valley and she knew that song, first and second verses. I took her teeth out and cleaned them and gave Mom a chocolate marshmallow treat which she ate all of independently. Then we hung up clean clothes I had brought. We played patty cake and did stretchies then I helped her into a nightgown and back into bed. We channel surfed then went back to Singing in the Rain. I put her O2 on then left about 7 PM. Mom was alert and seemed to know who I was today.
THANKSGIVING, November 28, 2013, Thursday. Festivities are scheduled for 5:30 PM. Bill and I arrived at the NH about 4:45 PM. Mom was in the Big TV room with other residents. I took Mom back to her room and Bill went to the Great Room to wait for the party. I put on her lap blanket, beads, a scarf, cleaned her fingernails and turned off the TV.  Then we headed for the Great Room. Mom propelled herself part of the way but Mom seemed a little out of it. We took pictures and Riley, Terri, Carl and Charlotte all arrived about the same time. Then Kim and Stuart came. Terri couldn’t stay. We sang “We gather together….” And Good Health and Wealth…” and Mom sang along.  The food was good and we all ate our fill. Mom did not eat well tonight in the middle of the many distractions. We said good night all around then I took Mom back to her room and assisted her into bed. I cleaned her teeth, gave her a chocolate and channel surfed a bit. Then I put the TV back on Singing in the Rain and Bill and I left about 6:45. Mom seemed confused tonight. I checked Mom’s wound on her L leg. The 11/25/13 bandage is still on there is blood seepage but no sign of infection or distress in the area. I spoke to Nurse Steve about it and he said they would likely change the bandage tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment