Saturday, November 30, 2013

FRI., NOV. 29, 2013 & SAT., NOV. 30, 2013



November 29, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. There was feed in the feeders, blinds closed. Mom was on her bed, flat, no glasses, sound down on DVD, O2 on.  Mom was awake and didn’t have on pants in bed so I got her some slacks and helped her into her chair. The C.N.A. brought her tray then returned with coffee and juice. Mom ate slowly about 1/3 of her rice & meat, some of the cauliflower and carrots. She likes carrots but these were under cooked and rather hard. The bread was dry and she ate only a bite of that. She ate only a few bites of the fruit. She was swallowing well today, beginning with enthusiasm but soon refusing food. She asked me several times to take her for a ride in the car. We hung up some clean clothes I brought. She was able to straighten and hang with about the fourth garment. Her problem solving was low. We channel surfed and Hello Dolly was on. She enjoyed watching that. We played patty-cake and did some stretchies. As far as I could determine she did not go to activities today. Her bandage on her L leg had not been changed since 11/25/13. I changed the DVD to Flying to Rio (Fred A., Ginger Rogers, Delores del Rio). I left about 6:50 PM.
November 30, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Went I went into the facility Nurse Sandra said that Mom had spoken to her, followed instructions from C.N.A. Adam, and smiled. Mom was in her chair in her room. C.N.A. Adam brought Mom’s tray and Mom ate her soup well plus some of the bread but not the chicken salad. I brought some baked apple and she ate about ¾ of that plus half of the Apple Betty from the NH. I got some pillow cases for her pillows and Mom and I put them on the pillows. We channel surfed and did some personal care. I assisted her into a nightgown and into her bed and noticed blood leaking from under the bandage. Mr. Thomas seemed to be hanging out by Mom’s door. I told nurse Sandra about the leaking then took Mom’s dirty clothes to the car. I returned. Mr. Thomas was gone and the Nurses cart was by Mom’s door. Nurse Sandra said the smaller wound had opened and we discussed the possibility that something on her chair is injuring her.

I changed the DVD to the Opera and left about 6:50 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment