Tuesday, November 5, 2013

MONDAY, NOV. 4, & TUESDAY, NOV. 5, 2013



November 4, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed.
Mom was in the Great Room at an activity that was finishing up. I transported her to her room where we channel surfed and looked out window. It was late for the birds since the time change. We saw a few. We did some personal care and Tina’s tray came. I went to get food for Mom. I spoke with Yvonne then went to the dining room where I ran into Donna, the head of recreation. She spoke to Nurse Sylvia from administration and Sylvia went and got a tray for Mom and brought it to her room. I spoke with Nurse Linda and Yvonne and both said that they spoke with dietary tonight and that from now on Mom will have a tray for the evenings in the hall cart. Mom ate all of her tomato soup, some of her grilled cheese sandwich, over half of her lemon pudding and one of the cookies I brought from home. I added salt and pepper to the soup, that’s all tonight. She had ice tea, no sugar tonight. I called for assistance and a new C.N.A. with a trainee came and got Mom changed and into bed. We went through some DVDs and settled on a Fred & Ginger. I cleaned Mom’s teeth, gave Mom a chocolate and Tina a caramel. I left about 6:30 PM.
November 5, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the Big TV room when I came in. Donna from Rec. said she had just come down from activity in the Great Room. We went to her room and hung up the clean clothes I brought. We saw only a few birds. It was almost dark.  I put the TV on KVUE so we could watch for Carl on TV but he wasn’t on, edited out. Yvonne brought Mom her tray. It was on the hall cart tonight. Mom ate most of the tamales, some of the beans, one bite of salad and one of the cookies from RNC and one of the cookies I brought from home. I added some salt and ketchup tonight. We did some personal care and looked at photographs. I called for assistance and the C.N.A. Antoinetta came promptly. I assisted getting Mom into bed, changed and Antoinetta pointed out red pressure sore starting on her bottom, so she propped Mom on her side somewhat. I cleaned her teeth and gave Mom and Tina candy. I put her O2 on and changed the DVD back to Fred A. Mom said she was comfortable and went right to sleep. I left about 6:30 PM. Mom was alert and generally cooperative today.

No comments:

Post a Comment