Thursday, May 9, 2013

MAY 6 - 9, 2013



May 6, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 3:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom wasn’t in her room. I opened half the blinds, put away her colors. Dr. Maxwell was at the desk so we talked about Mom’s care. We also talked about art and Galveston. We also talked about leaving the brakes ON when Mom is in her chair. Mom was coloring at a table with other ladies in Dining room II. I gave Mom a banana and she ate about ¾ of it rather quickly. Dr. Maxwell came in and visited with me (us) in the activity also. She thought Mom’s diet should be (thought it was) “mechanical soft”. I don’t when or how it got changed but we agreed on ‘mechanical soft’ plus yogurt between meals.  I colored with her and visited with the ladies then left about 4 PM.
May 7, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM.  I fed the birds, blinds closed. I opened the blinds in Mom’s room and changed the DVD. I found Mom in the dining room II. I took her back to her room. We brushed her hair, cleaned her fingernails, washed her face and we watched the birds. Mom was in a good humor. From what Tina reported, Mom participated in crafts today but didn’t finish her project but left her table and wandered around the room. It was hard to understand exactly what Tina was saying as she digresses. I accompanied Mom to her dining room place and Maggie was there with her husband. We talked a bit and I got Mom a coffee. They were serving but I left before Mom got her plate at about 5:50 PM.
May 8, 2013, Wednesday. I didn’t go to the NH today. Carl reports that he went and Mary G. brought distilled water for Mom. He also reports that she got a card from Quembe and he read it to her.
May 9, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 9:30 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the TV room nodding off in her w/c, brakes OFF. She was glad to see me. We went to her room. I opened the blinds and we watched the birds. I cleaned her hands and gave her a banana. She had a crushed Boost box beside her and what looked like food spillage on her pants. She ate half of the banana and I trimmed her fingernails, brushed her hair, washed her face and glasses. The flowers looked cleaned up from Carl’s visit yesterday. C.N.A. Mary came in and we changed Mom’s diaper and pants. I changed her hat and sweater also. We hung up the clean clothes I brought. Mom problem solved very poorly at first but improved as we went along. We went to dining Room II for the Nail Spa activity with volunteers and many colors of polish. I assisted Mom and we painted her nails a lime green which she chose. She continued to nod off. We returned to her room and I assisted her to lie down on her bed. I changed the DVD and left about 11 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment