Saturday, May 11, 2013

MAY 10 & 11, 2013



May 10, 2013, Friday.  Foxy & I went to the NH about 2:20 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I told Nurse Audra I wanted to check Mom out for a ride and I signed her out. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses off. I changed the TV to news and got Mom up. I put a light weight long sleeved shirt on her to protect her from Foxy’s nails. I opened the blinds and we watched the birds while we got ready. I pushed Mom most of the way. Mom propelled herself part of the way but she had difficulty with guidance. She was glad to see Foxy. We drove through the neighborhoods and went to the convenience store for a soda. Then I needed to go to the bank so we went on the highway and made the trip. The bank was very busy and we had a long wait. Mom said she made a mistake being born. The bank trip was a mistake. We went back to the NH. Foxy scratched her accidentally on the wrist. Mom refused to get out of the car. We watched the birds and I gave them more seed. We talked about getting her doctored and there was a party going on inside. She got out of the car. We went to the Nurse station and Nurse Ellen doctored Mom’s scratch and we went to dining room II and heard the music (Jon Emery), clapped and waved our hands to the beat. We sat with residents Tammy, Mary and a new lady named Olive. They were serving coke and puffed treats and Mom got a tangerine also. I said good-bye and left about 4:15 PM. Mom showed no anxiety at my leaving.
May 11, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 2:50 PM. Carl’s van was in the parking lot and the birds were fed and the blinds open. I gave 5 little cheesecake torts to nurses station and had a piece of cheesecake for Mom. Carl was helping Mom eat a banana when I went to her room so I gave the cheesecake to Nurse to give to Mom later as a snack. Carl, I & Mom visited for a bit then I noticed Mom had O2 nostril thing on backwards, O2 machine off. I turned O2 on, fixed the nostril thing and cleaned Mom’s glasses. Carl took some pictures. He brought a Beautiful new bouquet of flowers, too. Carl left and fed the birds again. I got Mom into her chair and we watched the birds. A parrot came, too. Then I noticed she needed changing. I called for help. I assisted Mom to change her diaper standing up the way C.N.A. Mary had showed me. I was awkward with that procedure. I brushed her hair, we got hand cream out for legs and hands. C.N.A. Vanessa came but we were finished. I got Mom some slacks to put on under her bed dress and a scarf and I checked her out for a ride. She propelled herself almost the whole way to the car. We drove slowly through the neighborhoods then went to NW Park and parked in the shade and watched the people at the pool and park.  We returned to the NH. Mom refused to get out of the car so I told her I would get her coke and chocolate and they were having a party inside. She went in willingly. We went to dining room II where a piano recital by children was in progress. I got her a cranberry juice and a chocolate from her room. I changed her DVD to Carmen then left about 4:20 PM. I fed the birds again. Note: The C.N.A.s make about $10 -$12 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment