Thursday, May 23, 2013

MAY 22 & 23, 2013



May 22, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 3 PM today. The blinds were partially open and vertical feeder was full. There was a Quaker Parrot on the fence. I added feed to the horizontal feeder. Mom was asleep on her bed, DVD on with sound down, O2 on but water bottle was out of place. There were fresh flowers and a banana peel in the trash indicating Carl had visited. Mom slowly awoke and said “Hi, Mel” upon seeing me. I gave her a chocolate and started to get her up but she was very wet. I called for help and C.N.A. Christine came promptly and I assisted her in changing Mom. Mom put on hand cream, brushed her hair then I got Mom into her chair.  We went to the activity in dining room II. Painting led by volunteer Pat was in progress and Mom & I joined. Mom did a watercolor very serendipitous but resembling melons or peaches. Mom said she was hungry so we went to the nurse station and asked for a yogurt. The nurse gave her a Boost pudding, very cold. We returned to her room, Mom ate and I changed the DVD. We watched the birds and I tried to get her to color but she didn’t want to. We returned to dining room II where piano and sing-a-long was in progress. I left about 5:15 PM. I met a lady in the parking lot who explained to me that the pigeons were speaking Hawaiian.
May 23, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no O2, awake, jacket and hat on. I opened the blinds, gave her some hand cream and proceeded to get her up. I gave her a chocolate and we watched the birds while I brushed her hair. I accompanied her to dining room II for the Nail Spa. Mom chose some turquoise nail polish today and we did her nails. Then Mom and I walked around the facility. We stopped by the spinet in the dining room and we played some scales and arpeggios. We went out front and sat for a bit then went around outside then back to the covered patio. Mom got quite a work out propelling herself much of the time. I bought her a small package of Fritos then accompanied her to her place in the dining room. I retrieved her bib/towel from her room then left her eating Fritos, drinking cranberry juice and waiting for lunch which is listed as pizza today. When I left today all my worries seemed small.

No comments:

Post a Comment