Tuesday, May 21, 2013

MAY 18 - MAY 21, 2013



May 18, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no teeth, no glasses, sound down on the TV.  I found her teeth in the container, brushed them and she put them in. Cleaned her glasses and gave them to her. She said she was hungry so I gave her a chocolate. We put hand cream on and I changed her socks to the new ones. I called for help to change Mom and C.N.A. came when I was about half done. We looked at some old photos. At first she couldn’t identify people but did after a few attempts. I got Mom up and we went to check her out for a ride in the car. Another C.N.A. gave her a yogurt while I got her checked out. She ate it all quickly. We went to the car and Mom propelled herself most of the way. We rode slowly through the neighborhoods then came South from Steck on Burnet Road, looking at all the stores. Mom was fairly alert to environment, indicating especially large trees, flowers or interesting stores. We returned to the NH and Mom said she was too tired to go inside but was not resistant to going back to her room. I gave her another chocolate then gave her the Doritos which she had won at Bingo and turned up the sound on the TV. I left her in her room in her w/c, brakes on, watching TV about 11:30 AM. I reported to her C.N.A. her return and location. I told several staff members about finding her with no teeth.
May 19, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 10:50 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no teeth, no glasses, sound turned down on the TV. I gave half a banana to Mom and half to Tina. Mom’s teeth were in her shoes on the seat of her w/c. Apparently Mom had taken them out. I washed them and gave them to her to put in and got Mom up. I changed the DVD. We did some personal care, watched the birds and I also gave her a chocolate. We went to the desk and I checked Mom out to take a ride in the car. Mom propelled herself most of the way to the car. I showed the head massage toy. She had difficulty at first then did it properly after several attempts. We rode through the neighborhood and Mom was fairly alert to her environment. I needed gasoline so we went to gas station where I discovered I had left my credit cards in the other purse. We laughed then went to Fresh Plus grocery where I bought some garlic and some snap pea crisps. I opened the package and Mom ate crisps while we returned to NH by a circuitous route and I fed the birds again. Mom was a little reluctant to return to NH but I told her it was time for lunch. She left crisps in the car and I accompanied her to the dining room where serving had begun. I left about 12:15 PM.

May 20, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 10:20 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no glasses, O2 on but nostril attachment not in her nose, sound down on TV. I turned off the O2 machine, cleaned her glasses and got Mom into her w/c. I gave her a banana. She ate about half of it. We hung up the clean clothes I brought and we watched the birds. She was somewhat awkward but managed some of the task independently after practice. Today she noticed the scabs and bruises on her legs and seemed surprised. I brushed her hair and we went to nurse station to check her out for a ride. We heard the Sing-a-long in dining room II and joined that for about 15 minutes then we went to the car for a ride. Mom propelled herself most of the way and commented on the fresh air and breeze. When getting into the car I noticed excessive leaking from Mom and put an empty birdseed bag under her then got a rag from the trunk to soak up fluid from floor. We drove slowly through the neighborhoods then went to the gas station and I got gasoline. We mailed some postcards and returned to the NH. I put the birdseed bag on her w/c to protect seat which worked pretty well. We checked Mom back in and I assisted C.N.A. Flo in changing Mom.  I accompanied her to the dining room then left about 11:50 AM.

May 21, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom wasn’t in her room. I changed the DVD, opened the blinds and talked to the morning C.N.A. about persuading Mom to eat her breakfast. I told him about bribing her with chocolates. Mom was at the activity in Dining room II, washer tossing. I sat with Mom and we cheered and watched competitions. Mom was sitting next to Gwen who is a resident and also a volunteer. Mom said she was thirsty. I gave her a gumdrop then got her a scarf, some hand cream and glasses wipe from her room. Spelling was next and Mom said she wanted to participate. She spelled “gum” for me. I accompanied her to the TV room for the activity. Mom was alert today. I got her dirty clothes and left about 11:30 AM.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment