Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MAY 13 - 15, 2013



May 13, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 11:20 AM. I fed the birds blinds closed. Mom was on her bed with Luz the wound nurse checking her wounds which all look good. I opened the blinds. O2 machine was on but not attached to Mom. I started to get Mom up but she was wet so I put her back on the bed to change her. I called for assistance. I put wet pants in dirty clothes and started and was wiping Mom when C.N.A. came and finished changing Mom. We put cream on legs, arms and feet, and I cut her toenails.  I got hangers and we hung up her clean clothes which I had brought. Her problem solving improved as we continued the activity. She responded well to commands. We watched the birds and I brushed her hair. I accompanied her to her dining room. I mentioned to Nurse Diane about Mom’s teeth not being in at 3 in the afternoon, yesterday. Today her denture cup was still full of water, no evidence of denture cleanser. So I got out packets and left them on top of the bedside table, convenient to the denture container. We waited at lunch. Mom saw another residents’ Boost and asked for one which med nurse Eglise gave her. She drank it eagerly. We visited with Stan and his wife, Maggie, while we waited. She was served about 12:30 PM. I assisted her eating and noted her orders are now for “regular, mechanical soft”.  She ate about a little less than half. I gave her the cake and left her in the dining room about 1 PM.
May 14, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 3:30 PM.  I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was not in her room. I changed the DVD and took the sign about Mom’s teeth down to take home and improve it. Mom was in Dining room II at the monthly birthday celebration. I sat with Mom.  The entertainer, Lynn Thomas, was accompanying herself on the piano playing Broadway music, old favorites with high energy. Mom & I clapped, sang, and had pound cake and fruit punch. I accompanied her to her room and we did some personal care. I left Mom in the TV room about 5 PM.
May 15, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 2:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, watching the DVD. I put the new and improved sign about her dentures on the wall. We did some personal care and I got Mom into her chair. I gave her a chocolate and she finished her Boost diet supplement. Yvonne came to help me but we were already on our way to the art program conducted by volunteer Pat. Mom and I did a watercolor which I brought home, today. I left her briefly and went to front office to make appointment to attend Mom’s Care Plan Meeting on Wed. June 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM. They were starting a volleyball game. Mom likes to play and is good at it. I took her to the “court” then I left about 3:30 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment