Sunday, May 26, 2013

FRIDAY, MAY 24 - SUNDAY, MAY 26, 2013



May 24, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. Residents were gathering in the parking lot for a game of croquet, being transported and coming independently. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I told nurses I was taking Mom out, and I signed her out. Mom was resting on her bed, no O2, no glasses, sound turned down on the TV. I changed the channel to news, started to get Mom up but she was wet so I called for assistance. C.N.A. Dalmacio came and Mom expressed trepidation, saying she did not want his assistance. He changed her and Mom told him to “go to hell”. I got Mom to try on a dress I brought and it seemed to fit. I brushed her hair, cleaned her glasses, we put on hand cream, I gave her a chocolate and we went to the car for a ride. We rode through the neighborhoods slowly then went to a convenience store for a soft drink. Then I went to Fresh Plus grocery. I left Mom in the car with the radio on and windows open. When I returned Mom had taken off her seat belt and her jacket, independently. Mom was alert and noticing the environment today. We returned to the NH and I fed the birds again. Mom was reluctant to return to the NH but not resistant. I accompanied Mom towards the dining room for lunch and Nurse Audra gave Mom a breathing medication as we passed the nurse station. I left Mom in the dining room about Noon awaiting her lunch. Tina has previously also expressed negative opinion of C.N.A. Dalmacio. The other male Hispanic C.N.A. Eglise does NOT elicit such negative responses from residents nor from Mom.
May 25, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I signed Mom out and spoke to Nurse Audra about Mom being afraid of C.N.A. Dalmacio. Mom was resting on her bed watching TV news, sound down, no glasses, no teeth, O2 on but nostril attachment not in her nose. She had a pair of her slacks on the bed beside her in addition to slacks she had on. We did some personal care and I called for assistance to get Mom up and ready to go for a ride in the car. Mom & I hung up some clean clothes I brought and C.N.A. Flo came and changed Mom standing up, very quickly and smoothly. Flo was perplexed by the change in Mom’s slacks stating that the ones on the bed were the ones Mom had on previously and they were still clean? Asking Mom “Who changed your slacks?” Mom didn’t recall. I mentioned the no teeth to Flo and she said she had noticed that when she accompanied Mom to her room after breakfast. We opened the blinds watched the birds and I changed the TV to the DVD. We went for a ride in the car even though it was raining. Mom was alert to her environment but also was sleepy. We returned to the NH. Mom was slightly reluctant to return but ready to have lunch. I accompanied her to the dining room for her lunch. I left the NH about 11:45 AM.
May 26, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 2:40 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I stopped by the Nurse station and checked Mom out then took the new supply of plastic bags for her laundry to her room. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, watching DVD sound up, wearing the new dress I brought yesterday. I called for assistance to change Mom then changed her myself. A C.N.A. came after I was finished and assisted Mom into her chair. I opened the blinds and we watched the birds. We did some personal care then we went to the car. Mom propelled herself independently most of the way. We drove slowly through the neighborhoods then went to the H.E.B. and bought birdseed. Mom waited in the car. We returned slowly to the NH. Mom was alert to her environment. She took her sweater off then rolled up her window without cue. I fed the birds again and we sat in the car and watched the birds then I accompanied Mom into the NH. I gave Mom a chocolate and assisted her back onto her bed, put her O2 on and turned up the sound on the DVD. I left the NH about 3:50 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment