Sunday, March 2, 2014

SAT., MARCH 1 & SUN., MARCH 2, 2014



March 1, 2014, Saturday. I went to the NH about 3:15 PM. The feeders were full, blinds closed. I noticed Riley signed the visitor’s book about noon. Mom was resting on her bed, watching the DVD, sound low, O2 on but cannula out of place, glasses off, teeth in.  We hung up some clean clothes that I brought. I got Mom’s pants on her and helped her into her chair. She did not have on leggings so we put those on. We played “peas porridge hot.” I cleaned her glasses, wiped her face, cleaned her hands and noted Mom coughing. I changed the channel to TCM. Then we went to the entertainment. I got Mom a coffee. We clapped hands but Mom put her head on the table so we went for a walk outside. It was a warm day so we went around the back and sat by the pansies and the begonias. Mom was very interested in the begonias. We went back inside to her room and Adam came and took Mom vitals. I gave Adam a bag of pecans. We discussed Mom’s leggings and I mentioned the leggings to Nurse Sandra, too. I put in the new DVD, High Society, looked at the card from Brooks and also at her 6ht grade report card which Bonnie sent. I took Mom to the big TV room and left about 5:15 PM. Today Mom was able to follow and recite “peas porridge” with me after three rounds. She was attentive to hanging up the clothes and noticed when it was wrong. She knows who she is.
March 2, 2014, Sunday. I went to the NH about 3:20 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, no O2, teeth in, glasses off, DVD playing, sound low. Mom needed changing, no pants on so I called for assistance then went and asked Adam. He changed Mom and we got her into her chair. I brushed her hair, cleaned her hands, cleaned her glasses, wiped her face and we played ‘peas porridge’ but Mom could not say the words. After three times through she managed “hot”, “cold”, “old” on cue. We went to the dining room for the Episcopal service. Mom nodded and wanted communion today. She enjoyed looking at the music but didn’t sing. We returned to her room and channel surfed then I changed the DVD to Singing in the Rain. She ate a tangerine, carefully chewing up each section then spitting out the pulp. Then I gave her a caramel.  I tried to coax her to color today unsuccessfully. We looked at photos. She correctly identified her sisters but mixed others up. She could identify Carl and Brooks but not her other children. Today she could not remember her birthday and I could not get her name out of her. I gathered her dirty clothes and took Mom to the big TV room. I left about 4:50 PM. Mom showed affection to her stuffed dogs today and was out of sorts and grouchy when I first got there. She got happier during the visit. She did not speak out loud until I was leaving then she asked me to stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment