Thursday, March 6, 2014

MARCH 5, 2014 FRACTURE



March 5, 2014, Wednesday. I didn’t go to the NH today. Carl says he will see Mom today. When I got home from work, there was a message from Regina, Hospice nurse for me to call Dr. Maxwell. As I was listening to the message Carl called and said that Mom has a hairline fracture. Carl assisted Mom with supper  and stayed with Mom until she fell asleep. I called Dr. Maxwell and we discussed the treatment options. I said “no” to surgery. We are going to try bedrest for up to three weeks and see how Mom does with that. If pain increases or any of several indications of complications we can discuss those. Another X-ray will be done in 10 days. Dr. Maxwell indicated that bones can and do heal in elderly patients with bedrest. I called Carl back and he said that Mom seemed comfortable and the meds she is getting do seem effective. 


No comments:

Post a Comment