Tuesday, March 4, 2014

MON., MARCH 3 AND TUES., MARCH 4, 2014



March 3, 2014, Monday. I did not go to the NH today. I talked to Riley and he said he planned to go see Mom. I got an email from Regina from Hospice saying that she saw Riley today with Mom and that they both agreed that Mom was having a good day!
March 4, 2014, Tuesday. Riley called from the NH this morning saying that Regina from Hospice was there and that Mom is complaining that her leg hurts. I went to the NH about 3:20 PM. Mom was asleep on her bed. I cleaned her glasses. Nurse Steve, Regina, and another woman came into Mom’s room to examine Mom shortly after I arrived. They determined that Mom is having some pain on her left hip, thigh area but doubt that it is a fracture. A C.N.A. came and assisted getting Mom up, unsuccessfully. The C.N.A. also changed Mom. They left and I talked with Regina for a bit. Mom fell asleep. Nurse Steve returned with some medicine. Mom slept. I hung up the clean clothes I brought and cleaned Mom’s nails a bit. I sketched Mom sleeping. I woke up Mom and we ate a few Cheetos. Then Mom fell back to sleep. I sat with her a bit then left about 4:30 PM. Mom knew me and responded to me appropriately but was very tired and sore.  I gave Steve some pecans and a Teddy Bear from Sharon S. to the Nurses station for another resident.

No comments:

Post a Comment