Thursday, March 6, 2014

THURS., MARCH 6, 2014



March 6, 2014, Thursday.  Carl called from the NH about 3 PM saying that Mom was in a good mood. I went to the NH about 4 PM. I talked to Nurse Steve before I saw Mom. He said that she got itchy from the pain meds which is not unusual so they are changing her meds. They have ordered an air bed for her and some special wedge pillows to hold her leg in place. Mom was sleeping with O2 on, no teeth, no glasses. I cleaned her glasses and Mom awoke. She was rubbing her upper left arm with her right hand and mumbling “ouch, ouch…”. She awoke and seemed happy to see me but was also agitated and uncomfortable.  I had difficulty getting her to put her teeth in. I got a coke from the vending machine and she drank some. C.N.A. Roxanne brought her food. I talked with Roxanne and she explained to me about the strategies they are trying to keep Mom clean and comfortable. She ate some but rather sparingly; a few bites of veggies, a few bites of the rigatoni, and all of the strawberries and whipped cream. A med nurse brought her some milk of magnesia. I cut her fingernails. I noticed some swelling in her L leg and told Nurse Steve. He came to the room and brought some ointment. There is no discoloration and the swelling does not seem inappropriate. Souhange asked me what was wrong and I told her that Mom had broken her leg. I think she was concerned that it might be something contagious. Mom and I saw some birds. I changed the DVD to White Christmas. I had difficulty getting her to give me her teeth but I got them and cleaned them. Mom fell asleep and I left with dirty clothes about 6 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment