Friday, March 7, 2014

FRI., MARCH 7, 2014




March 7, 2014, Friday. I went to NH about 4 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed.  Mom was sleeping on her bed, O2 on, no teeth, no glasses, in a nightgown, a sheet over her and the new air mattress in evidence. It looked like one of Mom’s lap blankets were under her as a pad. The room was warm so I opened the window for the duration of the visit. Mom was still scratching, itching. She has a sock on her left hand. I took her hand, stroked her, wiped her face and brushed her hair. The distractions did help reduce her scratching, plus put cream on her face, hands, neck. I went to Nurse Sandra and requested puree’ food rather than try to fight with Mom about putting in the teeth. She was licking her lips, too, indicating thirst. I gave her water. I put a denture cleanser tablet in her teeth water. Her teeth might come home for awhile. A C.N.A. brought Mom’s tray and she ate about 1/3 of the food, which is pretty good since she was nodding off during the eating. A Med nurse brought her some Benadryl for the itching and some Boost drink. Mom drank about 2/3 of the cup of Boost. The birds came and Mom did see them at one point. We channel surfed then I put the TV back on the DVD. Mom fell asleep and I sketched her then closed the window, the blinds and left about 6 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment