Friday, February 28, 2014

THURS., FEB. 27 & FRI., FEB. 28, 2014



February 27, 2014, Thursday. I went to the NH about 3:15 today. I added some seed to the feeder, blinds half open. Mom was resting on her bed, no O2, teeth in, no glasses. White Christmas was playing on the DVD player, sound low. I called for assistance to get Mom up and changed. I noted one light bulb out in the bathroom and Nurse Steve wrote a slip on it. C.N.A. Roxanne came and changed Mom and we got her up and into her chair. I got clean leggings out of her drawer and put them on her. I brushed her hair, cleaned her glasses, cleaned her hands, put cream on her hands and arms, got her a sweater and we went to Bingo in the Great Room. Mom tried to eat the hand cream. Mom enjoyed the activity but she mixed-up the potato chips with tokens and I had to keep an eye on her. We returned to her room. I changed the DVD and we channel surfed some. The birds came and we watched the birds. We hung up clean clothes. We played “peas porridge” and she could only sequence the words “hot”, “cold” and “in the pot”.  We looked at photos and she identified some people then out of the blue asked “Where’s Brooks? He lives in a town somewhere.” I told her he lives in Portland, OR. I found her cushion in the closet and Yvonne helped me get it under Mom and in the chair. I accompanied Mom to the dining room, got her a coffee and left with her dirty clothes about 5:15 PM. Mom’s ability to respond to cues and initiate action has declined.  She speaks in sentences. Her conversation is often non-sequential but still coherent. When I am with her in an activity, she requires constant supervision. I do not have opportunity to sketch.
February 28, 2014, Friday. I went to the NH about 3:15 PM. I fed the birds, blinds half open. Mom was asleep on her bed, teeth in, no O2. I cleaned her glasses and called for assistance and C.N.A. Marlene came quickly and helped me get Mom into her w/c. I brushed her hair, gave her a hat, cream on her face, cleaned her hands, and cream on arms and hands. We channel surfed a little then I turned down the sound and we played patty-cake. Annie came around and invited us to activities. I accompanied Mom to the Great Room for French Fries and harp concert. With encouragement I got Mom to eat some French fries independently. She did dip into her coke sometimes and sometimes just sucked the ketchup off the potato. She spilled her coke and I got a towel and cleaned it up. She didn’t finish her fries. We waved our hands and clapped and Mom still has rhythm. We returned to her room and I put the TV back on the DVD then took her to the big TV room. I left about 5:15 PM. Mom could keep time and said some words appropriately but she does not initiate or respond to cues. She requires more assistance to direct activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment