Monday, March 10, 2014

SUN., MARCH 9 & MONDAY, MARCH 10, 2014





March 9, 2014, Sunday. I went to the NH about 1:40 PM, fed the birds, blinds closed. I spoke with Nurse Jessica about Mom. She said that Mom had just gotten her 2PM pain meds and that she was doing well, today. Jessica said that the special triangle pillow had not arrived yet. The pillow between her legs that I saw yesterday was not the triangle pillow for hip fracture. Mom was sleeping. I straightened her covers, brushed her hair, and got some hangers out of the closet to bring home. I put some cookies in the bottom drawer. C.N.A. Mary and another C.N.A. came to change mother and I suggested more help. They went and got Nurse Jessica. It looked like a 3 person job to me. Mom whined and yelped but it went pretty smoothly. I changed the DVD to American in Paris. Mom dozed off and I left about 2:15 PM. I went back by the NH about 5:15 PM. C.N.A. Selfena was feeding Mom in her bed. Mom was eating well. When I walked in, Mom said “Hi Melanie!”. I greeted Mom and visited with and Mom and the C.N.A. for a few minutes. I saw Nurse Steve and talked to him about Mom, too. He reported that Mom seemed to be doing well today, eating well. I gave Nurse Steve the cookies for staff. I left about 5:30 PM.
  March 10, 2014, Monday. Brooks and I went to the NH this morning about 9:30 AM. We went in the front door and greeted staff on the way to Mom’s room. I introduced Brooks to Nurse Steve.  We met Hospice C.N.A. Wendy at Mom’s door and talked about Mom. Three Staff were changing Mom. C.N.A. Sandra was in charge of Mom this morning. They left and we went in. Mom was sleeping and I opened the blinds. Med Nurse came to give Mom some Boost and Mom was not swallowing the liquid. I got a chocolate and gave it to Mom rather forcefully. Once Mom tasted the chocolate, she swallowed. I showed Brooks around then left him there about 10 AM. I returned to the car and got some feed for the birds and added some birdseed to the feeders. I talked to Brooks on the phone about 3 PM. He was having lunch at La Mancha. About 4 PM he called and asked if Mom had any eye drops. I said no, not in the room. I returned to the NH about 4:30 PM. and added birdseed to the feeders. Brooks said that the staff gave Mom eye drops and Mom seemed more comfortable. When I came into Mom’s room, Mom seemed agitated and was saying “blah, blah, blah…” Brooks reported that staff had arranged the three pillows around Mom to brace her in position. Still no sign of the triangle pillow for this type of injury. I played clap hands with Mom and got her to participate then recited “peas porridge” until her “blah, blah” started to follow the rhyme. Then we played and sang a bit. Brooks reported Mom sleeping most of the time with him today and showed me his sketches. C.N.A. Selfonia brought Mom’s tray and Brooks and I together persuaded Mom to eat fairly well. Brooks said that she ate a few bites of each food at lunch. Mom finished the dessert then Brooks gave her a chocolate. Riley came by briefly on his way to teach Dutch. Mom seemed comfortable and fell asleep soon after eating. I left about 6 PM.  Brooks left shortly thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment