Saturday, March 15, 2014

MOM LEFT THE STAGE


March 15, 2014, Saturday. I got a phone message from Nurse Mary at RNC about 1 AM that Mom had been pronounced dead by Hospice Nurse, Kathy Ballard, at 11:57 PM, March 14, 2014. August 19, 1919 – March 14, 2014 – Great synchronicity!  I called Kathy B. about 7 AM and spoke with her. She said because of the hip fracture Mom’s remains had been transferred to the M.E. office for examination. I called the M.E. office and spoke with Olivia. She said that there would not be cutting open the remains but would look at the records and look at the body to see that all was consistent then call Cook Walden to get Mom’s remains for cremation. I called Riley and told him. I will send out a family email and talk with the newspaper about the obituary today. We will have to plan a Memorial Service, probably at my house and probably next Sunday March 23, 2014 but that could change. Mom was 94 years old. She was a great personality in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment