Wednesday, March 19, 2014

FUNERAL HOME, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19, 2014

March 19, 2014, Wednesday. I went to the funeral home yesterday, then to Retirement and Nursing Center. Afterwards I talked to Social Security, the Medical Examiner’s office and Mom’s bank on the phone. Enlightening.  The M.E. says that they have ruled Mom’s death as accidental with complications due to congestive heart disease and osteoporosis. I did not see any evidence of surface trauma but they say the break is consistent with some kind of trauma. Mom did forget that she couldn’t walk from time to time. I am so grateful for Mom’s pre paid cremation arrangement. The funeral home encounter was difficult, emotionally wrought but the big decisions were already made. I have trouble putting on my shoes much less trying to make big decisions. I have a very nice urn at the house ready for the ashes. They say the ashes will be ready before the Memorial Celebration on Sunday March 30, 2014, 2-5 PM. Also I found out that prepayment transfers to other funeral homes AND is refundable at about 90% if decisions change. Pre-pay your final arrangements!!! Prices are going up and up! Everyone is being very kind and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment