Thursday, February 13, 2014

FEB. 11, FEB. 12 & THURSDAY, FEB. 13, 2013



February 11, 2014, Tuesday. I didn’t go to the NH today because I am still sick. I talked to Carl and Riley on the phone. Carl said that he would go by and visit with Mom and Riley said that he would go by late around 9 PM, after his 7 PM class and check on her teeth, check on Mom. They said that they would talk to each other on the phone.
February 12, 2014, Wednesday. I didn’t go to the NH today. I talked to Riley. He went by earlier about 3 PM and found Mom sleeping. He plans to go by again later to check on Mom’s teeth. He said last night she was alert, speaking in sentences and her teeth still in about 9 PM. If she falls asleep with her teeth in she will often remove them and “hide” them. Sometimes they are found in her bed with her but sometimes they are just gone. My theory is that she throws them in the trash can by her bed for safe keeping then housekeeping comes through about 5 AM and empties all the trash cans.
February 13, 2014, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10:15 AM. I told Riley that I would be going to the NH early and he said that he would be able to check on her teeth later but I will double check about that.  The blinds were half open and the feeders were full. I took in the clean clothes and found Mom on her bed, teeth in, dressed, glasses on, O2 on, DVD playing, sound down . I got Mom up, gave her a scarf and a hat, brushed her hair and we went to Nail Spa. Souhange was also resting on her bed with her TV off. Souhange tends to expand her space subtly. I left a note for the beautician to do Mom’s hair. Tomorrow is Valentines Day so I hope they work Mom in. Mom was thirsty and I got her water to drink. I cleaned her nails and she got a bright pink today for her nails. I could Not coax her to choose, no matter what strategy so I tried. She enjoyed the manicure but there are no clippers in this activity and Mom’s nails needs some cutting. I filed. Mom was cooperative. A child was in the room and tried to interact with Mom and Mom did finally make some pleasant faces with the child but no speaking. As we left the activity Mom waved her hands about gracefully and showed Amy and others her nails, very pleased with her new color. We returned to her room and we hung up clothes. Mom demonstrated understanding of the task but was not able to accomplish any of the steps. I changed the DVD to a different Fred A. film. Mom showed interest in the film. We played patty cake successfully. I took Mom to the dining room for lunch. I returned to her room, got the dirty clothes and left about 11:30 PM. I wore a mask but everyone recognized me.


No comments:

Post a Comment