Wednesday, February 26, 2014

TUES., FEB. 25 & WED., FEB. 25, 2014



February 25, 2014, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM today. The bird feeders were full and the blinds were open. I donated a stuffed bear from Sharon to the Activities department. Donna said yes they had a candidate for the bear. Mom was in her w/c in her room alone with the DVD of Singing in the Rain playing. C.N.A. Adam told me that he left Mom with Carl. I called Carl when I got home and we talked about not ever, ever leaving Mom in her chair alone because she may attempt to get into bed by herself. I also noted new flowers in Mom’s arrangement. I noticed that she did not have on the pink leggings and put a pair on her. Yvonne brought Mom’s tray and Mom ate pretty well tonight. She ate about 1/3 of the enchilada, 1/4 of the corn & beans and some of the rice. She ate some of the fruit then I gave her a chocolate. Luz the Med Nurse came in while we were eating and talked about removing Mom’s Wander Guard since her recent decline. Mom and I played peas porridge hot. At first Mom would follow the movements but not recite the rhyme. I worked with on just the rhyme then added the hands and it worked. She played successfully. We looked at photographs. She identified her parents and her siblings but misidentified her children, mixing sibling names with children’s names. We channel surfed some and I got her nightgown on her. I called for assistance and Yvonne came. We got her into bed and I assisted Yvonne in changing her and getting her into bed. I brought Mom a new stuffed dog from Sharon and Mom was very pleased and wanted both the dogs in bed with her. I noted that the slacks Mom had on were Souhange’s so I put them in her laundry. I put the DVD of White Christmas on and left about 6:30 PM. I found both of Mom’s clean laundry bags left by Riley and Helen and brought them home. 


February 26, 2014, Wednesday. I didn’t go to the NH today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment