Saturday, February 15, 2014

FRI., FEB. 14 & SAT., FEB. 15, 2014

This is the pink Japanese Lantern that is hanging from Mom's mobile of fishes in her room.


February 14, 2014, Friday. Yesterday I telephoned and asked to talk to Sam, the social worker, about Mom’s care plan meeting scheduled for Wed., March 5. I was told that Sam no longer worked for RNC. I spoke Nurse Diana who suggested I talk to Rose, Unit manager. This morning I talked to Nurse Rose and she suggested that we schedule for the following week, during Spring Break, March 12. I emailed Regina from Hospice about changing the date, also. They have to clear all this with Medicaid. Regina emailed back about rescheduling for Thursday, March 6 at 3 PM. Either time is fine with me. I called Riley this morning and asked if he was able to go by last night. He said that Terri got the stomach virus that her father had and was very ill yesterday. He did not go by and take Mom’s teeth out. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM, blinds closed, feeders full. Mom was at the activity in the Great Room. I had on a mask and Mom did not seem to know me but was cooperative. She had her teeth in, glasses on. In Mom’s room I noticed that Carl signed in yesterday and today about 3 PM. There was a Valentine’s card from Brooks and Peggie, opened on the table. We looked at it together and I pinned it up. The DVD was playing and Souhange was resting on her bed. Souhange got up and went to supper. I got Mom set up for supper and the C.N.A. brought Mom’s tray. Mom ate all of her bread, less than half her cake, and some of her ziti. It was slow going. We channel surfed and played patty cake. I returned her tray to the dining room and came back and got Mom into bed. I cleaned her teeth, cleaned her glasses, put the O2 on and gave her a chocolate. I put the TV back on the DVD. Mom did not indicate any capacity to make a decision or a choice. Her current decline is difficult for me. I did not try to get her to sing today. I left about 6:40 PM.

February 15, 2014, Saturday. I called Riley about the clothes bag. He said he planned on visiting Mom today. He said that Terri’s Dad was due to be discharged to a new situation today, new facility. I said I would go later as I was feeling weak today. I sent an invoice to RNC for reimbursement for the TV/DVD player. I went to the NH about 7 PM. I have a backache now and feel very weak. When I got home tonight it occurred to me to use Tiger Balm and it is helping! The birdfeeders were full, blinds closed. I wore a mask and went to Mom’s room. Mom was sleeping, teeth out, glasses off, O2 on, DVD on, sound down. I put condiments and denture cleanser in the drawers and got the Purell for me and for Mom. I signed in. Souhange was resting on her bed, sound down on her TV. Mom awoke and did not know me until I removed my mask and spoke to her. She was sleepy. Her covers were all out of sorts. One cover had Souhange’s name so I folded that up and put on her table. There was a diaper on Mom’s table. It looked used so I discarded. I straightened Mom’s cover and called for assistance to get her straightened up on the bed. I turned up the sound on the TV and Mom & I clapped hands. A C.N.A. came and we scooted Mom higher on the bed. I adjusted all the covers and gave Mom a caramel. I picked up a dirty blouse and said goodnight to Mom. Souhange signaled that she wanted something. After wrong guesses I figured out she wanted her light turned out. I left about 7:30 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment