Monday, February 10, 2014

SAT., FEB. 8, SUN., FEB. 9 & MON., FEB. 10, 2014

Carl took this photo of Riley helping Mom eat on Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014.


February 8, 2014, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. The bird feeders were full and the blinds open. Mom was resting on her bed watching Fred A., sound down, O2 on, glasses on, teeth in. Carl signed in earlier today and there was a banana peel on the bedside table. There was no trash can in Mom’s area. The C.N.A. came and changed Mom and got her up. She was very sweet with Mom and got us a trash can. I got Mom set-up for supper and changed the channel to TCM, Auntie Mame. Mom was really enjoying the film. She did not eat well tonight but I took ½ of a banana left there and chopped it with the pears and she ate all of that. I turned off the TV after supper and tried to play with Mom, coax her to sing. She asked me where I learned that game and I could not coax her to sing-a-long. I assisted her to bed, cleaned her glasses, put her O2 on, gave her a chocolate. Mom did not want to watch the Fred A. DVD so I changed it to Winged Migration which she indicated that she did want to watch. Mom was not responsive to cues and questions. I had a hard time getting her to give me her teeth and had to put my hand in her mouth to get the meaning across to her. Mom was happy to see me and was cooperative but had a great difficulty understanding. She was counting lights outdoors and distracted by things unrelated to what we were doing. I spoke with Nurse Steve before I left. He said that Mom had begun a 5 day treatment to clear her ears. I left about 7 PM.
February 9, 2014, Sunday. I didn’t go to NH. Sick. I called Riley and Carl. They went. Riley was there in time to help Mom eat and sit with Mom. Carl came by later, too. 
February 10, 2014, Monday. I’m home sick today instead of work. I talked to Riley on the phone. He said that Mom spoke in sentences last night. She seemed more responsive. Maybe the ear cleaning is having a positive effect. He planned on going by before supper then later after his class to see to her teeth, check on her.


No comments:

Post a Comment