Friday, February 7, 2014

FRIDAY, FEB. 7, 2013, DECLINE



February 7, 2014, Friday. I went to the NH about 3:40. The blinds were closed. Both Mom and Souhange were asleep on their beds. There was only one portable table in their room. The Med nurse got me another one for Mom’s use. I called for assistance to change Mom and get her up. I got her changed when the C.N.A. came and we got her into her chair. I got her a hat and scarf, brushed her hair, cleaned her glasses, turned off the O2, gave her a chocolate and pushed her to the Great Room for entertainment, muffins and a coke. We clapped our hands, ate our muffins then returned to her room. I set Mom up to color and Riley came by. We talked about Mom’s decline. I cannot coax her to sing. We also talked about volunteering for activities. Riley said he would. I changed the DVD to Top Hat. Mom and I went to the dining room and I left about 5:30 PM.  It is entirely possible that my insistence on Mom propelling herself in the wheelchair may have brought on her TIA on Tuesday. Maybe. Exercise is one of the things that can dislodge plaque and cause it to travel, cause blockage. Today she was in a very good humor, laughed easily but didn’t speak much, respond to cues easily. When she did speak it was mostly nonsensical and distracted. She was very happy and recognized me and Riley.  Some of the speech and response problem may be related to her hearing. We’ll see. She is scheduled for ear cleaning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment