Tuesday, April 9, 2013

APRIL 7 - 9, 2013



April 7, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 4 PM with the repaired birdfeeder. I fed the birds, hung the feeder, blinds open. Mom wasn’t in her room. I found her in Dining room II with UT business women club volunteers. Mom had a book of questions about “the old days” like Johnny Carson and “knickers”. Mom wasn’t responding to the stimuli.  I think the print was too small plus she was having difficulty following verbalization, speaking. We went to the nurses desk and I checked Mom out for a ride in the car. Rachel, the Med nurse, assisted us and Yvonne, too. We rode around slowly in the neighborhoods and looked at the flowers. Mom noted the flowers and trees. We bought a soda at the convenience store and Mom read the signs to me. We returned to the NH and watched the birds at the feeders. Mom refused to go back to the NH initially but when I brought the w/c to her door, she got out of the car and we went inside “to get a sweater.” In Mom’s room, Tina reported that she has seen a couple of parrots again. Maybe they will return to our feeders. I accompanied Mom to the dining room where serving had begun. I left about 5:45 PM.
April 8, 2013, Monday. I didn’t go to the NH today.
April 9, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 1:20 PM today. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, sound turned down on DVD. Tina told me she (Tina) had been sick the night before. Mom & I hung up clean clothes I had brought. Mom was lethargic in responses and participation and her right leg kept twitching. I massaged her foot and she did some leg lifts. I got the nail polish out and we did a manicure.  We channel surfed and watched Winged Migration for awhile.  The birds outside the window were very entertaining. We did some personal care and Mom ate some Fritos she had won at Bingo last week. I asked Mom if she wanted to continue to watch W.M. or Carmen, the opera. She opted for the Opera. I reminded her of the Party at 3:30 with cake & music then left Mom resting about 2:30 PM. I returned about 3:35 PM and fed the birds again. I went to Mom’s room to make sure she wasn’t there and she wasn’t. I could hear the party going. I left about 3:40 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment